Officials from UEFA and La Liga will meet next week to discuss the possible introduction of a handicap for Lioni Messi. The practice is currently used in golf and horse racing in order to level out differences among competitors but is not yet used in soccer.
Jeff Golden of socerisusall.com said the idea needed to be discussed as the guy is clearly unplayable and unmarkable by normal humans at the moment.
Early front runners for the handicap are:
- Force Messi to play without boots
- Have Messi drink salted water during the game.
- Messi must do a full physical training session on the same day as a match.
- Blindfold Messi for an entire half.
- Allow rugby style tacking on Messi in the attacking half.
Such measures if introduced will be treated with outrage by supporters of Barcelona and Argentina and lovers of the beautiful in general. However poor feckers facing Messi week after week will hope that the bureaucrats of football will push ahead with their plan.
Could this be a thing of the past if the handicap is introduced?